Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Hood


We have managed to find a great massage therapist who works out of this building, one floor above us! We are pleased with our good fortune and know we will need to adjust our budget. This will become a habit! She is sure I have steel cable running thru my shoulders and does her best to rub them out. Ouch – not the relaxing massage I was waiting for, but knew this was for my own good. She asks if I have ever had whiplash. Uh, no, maybe 25 years ago in a car accident, but nothing lately? I am in horrible shape, she never gets past my neck and shoulders. DC, the last two months have made a nice home there.
Our Doctors office is three blocks or so away and integrates Eastern health care with Allopathic health care, they have chiropractors and acupuncturists as part of their practice. We called to get appointments and are greeted by a happy, warm voice and were able to get in within days of calling. Not like DC where it would take months and the phone conversations were always as frustrating as the wait! Unless of course you want to pay extra for an expedited appointment. God I am glad to be out of there. My OBGYN damn near across the street, it is a place that specializes in women’s health care from ship to stern. Could it get any better, well yes it can…………………………..
Yoga studio a block away, sushi go round two blocks away and two brew pubs equally as close. Whole foods on the corner, PF Changs on the opposite corner and numerous cute little shops with clothes, things, flowers, furniture, salons, restaurants, and a theatre that serves adult beverages – you name it, it is here. The Pearl District does not disappoint!
Ya, I am going to like it here, once I get used to the rhythm of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment